Hiring a taxi is an integral part of travelling. However well planned you are you cannot escape taxis whether it is to reach airport or for sightseeing the countryside. For tourists it becomes quite overwhelmingly difficult to find taxi that doesn’t burn a hole in their pocket. They are unaware of rates prevalent in the area, lack in bargaining skills usually and have no idea about the routes or shortcuts. Pre booking a taxi from a reputed company is the best way to ensure a pleasant journey. Today’s article explores various ways in which you can be sure of your safety while booking a taxi enroute.
- Prepare yourself: If you are planning on a journey and visiting a foreign land it is highly advised you read some articles or travel logs on Google. Get acquainted with the local culture, geography and norms prevalent in the area. Being knowledgeable about the place you are visiting protects you from tourist traps and the local guides would be in check knowing that you are quite resourceful.
- Use that smart phone: Smart phones have made life quite easier. Use the GPS system on your phone, always keep it on and navigate your route live on Google maps. Having a fair idea of the distance and estimated time taken to reach your destination safeguards you against drivers who might follow long routes to build up the meter.
- Drink with responsibility: Vacations call for some relaxed evenings where you can lay around the pool leisurely and enjoy your margaritas or bloody Marys. While vacations should be used to spoil and pamper yourself but consider restricting to occasional one or two drinks when you will be travelling. Being alert and in proper senses is mandatory when you are in unknown company and travelling through areas you have never been before. Remember prevention is better than cure.
- Stay in touch with family back home: We cannot stress this point enough. When you are on a vacation especially in a foreign country do keep in touch with your folks back home. While taking a taxi message them the taxi company’s customer care number, registration number of the taxi and driver’s name to your near and dear ones. In case of any unfortunate incident at least your loved ones would know where to contact or complain.
- Some miscellaneous precautions: Here is a list of some precautions you should take while travelling:
*Book a cab only with reputed companies like Udaipur Taxi Tour providing taxi services in Udaipur. Reputed companies go through rigorous background checks before appointing a driver.
*Do not divulge important information even over phone when you are in company of unknown people like local guide or taxi driver. Information about your personal problems or bank account details or credit card numbers should be confidential.
*Even if you have befriended your driver do not offer to drink party or go clubbing together. Restrain yourself from offering a drink while travelling.
*Keep contact numbers of local police station with you in case of any emergency.
*All your important documents and jewellery, money should be safely secured in your bag with you. Do not leave unattended.
*Always check that you have unloaded your entire luggage when you arrive at your destination.
We hope the above guidelines help you in making your vacation an easy breezy one. However, to be more at ease you can always book a cab at Udaipur Taxi Tour providing best car rental services in Udaipur. We have three fold safety check measures to provide you the best experience. Taxi booking in Udaipur could have never been this easier.
Hire a taxi in Udaipur now with Udaipur Taxi Tour and enjoy the ride J
For more details visit here
Address: 1KC Complex, Ground Floor, Near Lok kala Mandal Udaipur (Raj.)
Mobile No: 9116072235